3D Models Not Imported

Hey, I am recently found in SketchUp and there will be no .kmz file, all .skp files will be shown and it doesn’t import a model in the 3D World Editor. Please help!

1 Like

Hi,

can you post a link of the 3D model you want to import - just to make sure I understand which model you want?

to open a kmz file in sketchup you must click on File, Import and select the google earth files (kmz, dae)

1 Like

All of them when I search from SketchUp 3D Warehouse website.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Sketchup 3D Warehouse made some changes in 2021 and now the models no longer work in FWsim. They no longer offer download in a Collada format, only .skp. And FWsim cannot open .skp files.

If you want to use models from 3D Warehouse, you need to use the Sketchup software. You can try this software free for 30 days. You can download 3D Warehouse models in the Sketchup format, open them in the Sketchup software, and then export them in the “Collada” file format. That way, you can import them into FWsim.

If that process doesn’t work for a specific model, please let me know.

1 Like

Thank you. I hope that FWsim needs an update on working for .skp files.

1 Like

Strange, I always use Sketchup for the 3D of My shows and I can always Download the Collada files on 3D Warehouse

1 Like

Thanks for the notice. It seems that some models still have Collada downloads available and others have not.

1 Like