Blender Cannot Find an Add-on

Hi, I watched a latest tutorial already about drones and understand it. Also, I download Blender via website. After finished downloading, I already opened Blender and I cannot see an “IOStar Add-on”. How can I find it?

Latest tutorial about drones: https://youtu.be/pJrY_49RvjU?feature=shared

1 Like

I have the same issue

1 Like

Didn’t try but it seems that you have to install blender again from the link on the addon website. It’s suppose to be in it if I got it right

1 Like

The Blender add-on is a Python script.

In Blender, go to Edit > Preferences then click Add-ons.
Click Install and select .py (Python) file.

1 Like

when I go to edit, Preferences and click on Add-ons and do install I see no file that corresponds to Python, IOStar or LightShow Creator

1 Like

Hi everyone,

my apologies for the confusion.

The link we provided [1] explains how to install the Lightshow Creator (also known as the “Blender IOStar Add-On”). However, it does not contain a download link. This is because the Lightshow Creator is not publicly available.

The Lightshow Creator is only available to fireworks and event professionals who are using the Drotek system or are considering acquiring it. If you would like to request access, please contact Drotek directly.

[1] Install Drotek IOStar Add-on | Light Show Creator

1 Like

I sent them an email and I don’t think they want to give us access, otherwise they told me we have to have a fleet of drones

1 Like

Wouldn’t there be an alternative?

1 Like

I found another blender plugin for drones accessible to all but the problem is it is not possible to import the final show into FwSim because the plugin just exports in .Skyc or .csv not .vviz

1 Like

yes I found the same one too, the drotek Add-on is special

1 Like

I inquired and the .vviz export format is reserved for drone companies like Drotek and Verge Aero,

Then we must not forget that it is large companies like for example Drotek that have Disneyland Paris as customers.