Cobra export format & improvement suggestion

Hi,
it seems that the format used for Cobra export is not the standard but the format used if dmx is used.
timing look like :
00:00:05.00s
the standard cobra csv timing look like this.
00:00.00s
Is there an option that I haven’t seen to adjust this?

suggestion for improvement:
possibility of changing the color of fireworks in the timeline for better visualization.
like this:

and add duration of the effect on this screen:
Capture d'écran 2024-06-19 232207

Thank you to the entire FWsim team for your outstanding dedication and hard work in developing such an incredible software, which I use almost every day to prepare fireworks for this summer! :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Hi Mike,

good to hear from you and thanks for your kind words.

We updated the Cobra export format last year, to match v6 of the Cobra firmware. Two questions for you to better understand the situation:

1. Could you describe in more detail what the problem is? Are you saying that your device is unable to load the cobra file? Or do you mean that the file loads fine but you prefer the old format for some reason?
  2. Which Cobra devices, and which firmware version are you using at the moment?

Your idea on colors in the timeline is appreciated.

Thanks for your suggestion on showing the time of an effect in the library window. I have implemented this internally and it will be available in one of the next updates.

Best Regards,
Lukas

2 Likes

Hi Lukas,
Thank you for the quick reply.
I use cobra in version 5.0.2 the file is different from what the cobra site offers as an example for 5.x.x.
but I just tried again with the file provided by fwsim and and it works perfectly.
sorry definitely a mistake I made the first time I tried!

1 Like

Hi Mike,

I understand that the file loads properly - that’s good to hear.

Should you encounter any problems in the future, just let me know.

Best Regards,
Lukas

1 Like