Effect Creation

I really want to get into creating my own professional effects on FWsim but i am really struggling, i either create shells that are too close to the ground or create mines that are very small when you put them in a display

Also i see others making these really cool effects and id love some extra help on effect creation

To the people that help me, many thanks for doing so

Ben

1 Like

Hi Ben,

can you post a video of the effect you would like to create? Then we can give some more detailed advice on how to create it.

(It’s best if you post a shell or mine, these are easier to create than cakes and therefore better to get started)

Best Regards,
Lukas

1 Like

I dont have a specific effect i want to create but i just want to create realistic effects so i can make synchronised shows with my own effects

Im mostly struggling with the height of shells and mines, im either making the mines too small or 300mm shells too close to the ground so is there like an ideal height to make them or anything like that?

Just want to create the shells and stuff that you see in most firework displays such as peonys/willows/kaleidoscopes etc but ive seen people make a peony that has a beautiful ghost effect where one half appears then the other half appears

I hope to just work my way using my own effects and maybe enter some competitions in the future

1 Like

Ghost shells are quite hard to create, if not with external programs and knowledge of math (which I lack lol). About realistic sizes, I am working on a chart made by empirical testing as well as searching through other different software for average values. This is what I came up with. It is not complete yet and may be subject to future corrections (depending on how the physics on FWSim can change). The yellow parts are directly related to the FWSim parameters. The first one is about aerials, the second one about ground effects.

The chart is very helpful thanks a lot for that

About the ghost effects what external programs would i need to create them?

1 Like

Personally, I wouldn’t know for ghost shells. I use some premade/customizable fireworks from the SFA page, which are here: Simulation Fireworks Association official website (tick the “Time Lag” tag), such as this one: Simulation Fireworks Association official website

1 Like

Ive gotten used to the effect creation really quickly, here is the best effect ive created so far

1 Like

Hi, Ben! Maybe you could use some one of my realistic effects that I created in FWsim. But, you need a Discord account to send my effects to yours, or email via [email protected]. I will waiting for you.

1 Like

I think that FWSIM should use as to produce more “realistic” effects with a variety in sizing

1 Like

I have sent you an email regarding this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where do i find “avg prefire” in FWsim?

1 Like

Apologies for the late reply! The prefire is essentially the time the shell takes before exploding in the air. In FWSim it’s the “Delay in seconds”

1 Like

Hi all,

thanks everyone for chiming in and helping to answer while I was on vacation. It’s great to see users helping each other.

If there’s some question remaining, feel free to send me a private message and I’ll take care of it.

Best Regards,
Lukas

1 Like