Feature Request: FWSim Steam Workshop

Hallo.

Erstmal richtig nice das es nun FWSim auch auf Steam gibt! Dies freut mich mega! habe es mir direkt gekauft. :slight_smile:

Eine Sache die mir fehlt, um FW Sim Steam Edition “perfekt” nennen zu können, ist eindeutig der Steam Workshop.

Ich denke die meisten wissen, was der Steam Workshop ist und wie Benutzer davon Profitieren können. Für die, die es jedoch nicht wissen, hier ein Paar hilfreiche links:

Ich fände es geil, wenn so die Firework Creator aus der Community ihre erstellte Show hochladen können, welche dann von der ganzen Community heruntergeladen werden kann und sogar bewertet werden können.

Ebenfalls könnte man auch einfach nur einzelne Szenerien oder Feuerwerkseffekte in den Steam Workshop hochladen und diese somit für die Community verfügbar machen. Viele Große Spiele und Programme wie beispielsweise “Wallpaper Engine”, “Planet Coaster” und 90% der anderen auf Steam Verfügbaren Spiele und Softwares nutzt dies.

Dies währe wirklich das Sahnehäubchen auf der Torte! :wink:

Aber auf jeden fall eine echt geile software und echt nice, das eine solche software auch für Firework Fans erreichbar ist :slight_smile:

1 Like

Uhm whe can make a FWsim group where you can talk with members and users of FWsim.
And yes it is a Really nice idea fore make a workshop.

Thank you! Steam Workshop is an awesome idea. It would be cool to share sceneries or complete shows with other users.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, I think Lukas showed some concept images of 3D worlds. I don’t know if that is intended as a feature in the 3D world editor, but having the community create different worlds with a combination of landscaping and 3D models and sharing them on the Steam Workshop would be a nice addition. So, you could have the London Eye with the Thames river and Hungerford and Westminster Bridge. Or the Sleeping Beauty Castle and surrounding area at Disneyland.

Speaking of the 3D world editor in FWsim. Would it be possible to have a distance measuring tool in it? I often use an image from Google maps as ground for referencing my firing positions. And the only way I have found to get the scale right is to keep going out in the show editor and use a line position to measure distance.

Personally, I would like to have the possibility of setting up firing positions in the world editor. I find that I am doing a lot of adjusting in the editor, saving the world, closing the editor, checking in the show editor, reopening the world editor, loading the world, readjusting something, and so on. Setting up everything in one place before building the show would make it a lot easier.

1 Like

Hi,

quick follow-up on this:

Steam Workshop is not available yet, but you can now access the FWsim online database from Steam. Currently, it is only available in the BETA version which you can activate from your Steam library. It will be available for everyone soon. Here are instructions how to access: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1494500/discussions/0/3114772813465494871/

1 Like