FWsim 3.3 Beta now available

Hi everyone,

FWsim 3.3 beta is now available for testing.

It brings the following improvements:

• New effect selection window with better filters and animated preview
  • Right-click in effect selection window to delete effects
  • Even better performance than version 3.2
  • Some very old effects were removed from the library, and replaced with new designs. (The old effects are still included in a ZIP file in the FWsim program directory, in case you want to get them back)
  • Effect Editor: Pause, scroll forwards and backwards in time, and see your updates instantly.
  • Effect Editor: Special tail components now available. These tail components can be inserted instead of a normal tail, and they represent real types of tails. This is a good way to immediately make your effect more realistic!
  • Effect Editor: Stars can be configured to not change color when using the “change color” option in the show editor.
  • Effect Editor: Ascent Stars can be configured to change color when using the “change color” option in the show editor. (this is off by default)
  • New option to automatically go back to starting point after playing a section in the show editor
  • Changed behaviour in effect editor: The density is now independent of the time. Previously, when you made a tail half as long, the density was twice as big. This change only applies to new effects that are now created, not to existing effects, and not to copies of existing effects.

The following improvements are available in FWsim Pro only:

• Effect Editor: Create your own custom tail components. Create a tail design once, then re-use it for all your effects. This can be done for star tails, ascent tails and ascent stars.
  • Effect Editor: Color Variation Tool: Create one effect, then automatically generate lots of copies for different colors
  • New sorting options for pins (by position, and by effect)
  • CSV angle was now renamed to “Angle Inverse” (because it is inverted compared to the angle in the show editor). New “Angle” option added which reflects the angle in the show editor.
  • New option to calculate total mass of active material while editing a show.
  • Firetek: New modules with 16 pins per slat now supported

If you want to participate in testing, please sign up to the beta mailinglist here:

You can report feedback via email or here in the forums. I look forwards to hearing about your experience with the new update!

1 Like

We hope there’s gonna have more features from your wishlist

Hi Lukas,

Love the new Beta update. Only problem I have is that I cannot rotate the free-moving camera in the show editor. I liked being able to see shows from different angles as well as distances without having to use the helicopter camera parameters. If this could be fixed I would be elated!

Also, maybe for a future update, but it would be nice to have the option that when you change the size of the firework shell, it could change the time of firing, not the time of the actual explosion/effect. For example, a 300mm shell fires at t=2:36 and explodes at t=2:40 in the show editor. Change to 600mm, the same firework with a 600mm shell fires at t=2:33 and still explodes at t=2:40. Time of explosion did not change, but time of firing did.

Thanks,

Jediah Tau

1 Like

Hello.

When i renaming a fire point Fwsim crashes.

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks Mark. Beta version 3.2.0.123 will be online in 10 minutes, the problem should be fixed now - please check if it still occurs.

Love the new Beta update. Only problem I have is that I cannot rotate the free-moving camera in the show editor. I liked being able to see shows from different angles as well as distances without having to use the helicopter camera parameters. If this could be fixed I would be elated!

Thanks. Looks like there is a problem because you use a touchpad, so you don’t have the middle mouse button available. Let’s continue discussing this via email!

Okay many thanks Lukas and no more crash :smile: