FWsim 3.5 Beta Feedback

FWsim 3.5 is currently in public beta testing. Please use this thread to post any feedback or bug reports you might have. We appreciate your input!

1 Like

I couldn’t help but try it out immediately.
For me, the best feature is that having a real space to work with, it’s possible to grasp the real size of the fireworks you make - With the already existing feature it was good - but now it got a step further.
Albeit edited, here’s my first attempt to work with this new feature.
Note that the shell size is 230mm at best, so even the small ones look incredibly good with the size reference!

1 Like

I tried this feature and it’s way impressive!
Maybe you can add an option to enable/disable the Google logo on the bottom left of the screen
also the intensity of models polygons details

1 Like

For me it’s totally bugged! No matter what coordinates I put, it never loads correctly!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. The Google logo must remain, that’s a requirement to get access to the data.

What happens? Does it load correctly but look wrong? Or does it crash while loading? If it crashes, please let me know which error message you get.

1 Like

It works very nice! Now I can finally working on my beta test show in Montreal!

1 Like

While this is impressive, you know what would be even more practical?

CTRL+Z in creative.

We get all of this cool stuff, but you won’t add undo outside of pro? That’s such a simple feature that you could enable literally right now. We shouldn’t have to pay $1000 for it. Paying that much money should be for actual companies trying to create a physical real-life show. Not hobbyists just doing this for fun on a computer screen.

Apologies if this sounds harsh, and I’m not ungrateful for the cool updates, but you’ve been given so much feedback about the undo feature and it’s frustrating that something so mainstream in other software is STILL locked behind a $1000 pay wall while something like 3.5 is available to all of us.

1 Like

I followed all the steps but i see this lol

1 Like

Thanks, your feedback is appreciated.

Which location is this? Could you share the specific coordinates?

1 Like

43.549285, 7.027088

Also if i put the coordinates more land inwards i have the same world.

1 Like

Actually, I think I might hide this by myself by creating a backup file of the Google logo image and replace it with an empty image.

1 Like

Thanks. That’s strange, for me it works fine:

Please check:

1. Maybe your camera is below ground? What happens when you move the camera upwards a long way?
  2. Have you entered the coordinates correctly? See my screenshot below:

(please note, the screenshot was made on German windows where the decimal separator is “,” instead of “.”)

1 Like

Sorry for taking so long to answer! It is not crashing, but it is not loading correctly!

Have you followed the instructions yet?

1 Like

It is not crashing, but it is not loading correctly!

Thanks for your feedback. I’ll continue the conversation in a private message, so we keep the thread tidy here.

edit: We discussed the problem in private conversation and it has resolved itself.

1 Like

I’ve recently updated my sim to the latest version and there is bug on crossettes when a tail is added. * Without a tail, crossettes perform as expected and look appropriate. However, once a tail is added the physics goes haywire, and the crossettes expand outwards very far and at an increasing speed. It is very bizarre. If the tail is removed the crossette returns to normal behavior.

These two pictures are of the same effect, the second picture is with only tails added to the crossette, and no settings adjusted for the tails.

*I’ve come back and updated the post. I’m discovering that this bug is fully attached to tails, seemingly when they are the very last item listed in an effect’s sequence. Tails that are part of an effect, but are not the very last item are unaffected.
This physics bug carries over to fountains that have tails as well, and the particles continue to accelerate all the way to space.

2 Likes

If anyone who updated the latest version of FWsim, here’s some issues that I’ve reported recently:

• When trying to render to video with smokes enabled, FWsim just crashed. (FIXED)

• After rendering to video within 3D models, the video is totally black. (FIXED)

• The custom shape does not match the colors from pixels. (FIXED)

• The ascent effect is not parented to the shell. (FIXED)

• The color-changing effect doesn’t affected to the lighting.

• The lighting from tails when it appears doesn’t have fade in and at specific time.

• The startup of the bengal flame doesn’t have fade in. (FIXED)

• Weird colored particles when using Invisible for multiple color-changing. (FIXED)

• The lighting on some Real Location models doesn’t worked correctly or at all. (FIXED)

• When trying to import 3D Models and saving 3D Worlds, FWsim crashes. (FIXED)

2 Likes

to all these already named problems, there is also a sound problem with crackling in the show creator also in rendering. if i use more than one or a cake with a crackling item in it, the sound goes straight through all the timeline it doesnt stop and if i render ia video its there too

1 Like

Can we talk about one of the features I am ABSOLUTELY in love with? Microstars. You can make some virtual smoke with it; it is a HUGE game changer. Like, have you seen how GOOD this Dahlia looks now with the glow effect and the tails? It looks much more realistic!

If I have to give my feedback, I think the glow can sometimes be a bit overwhelming. Is there a slider to turn it down (or up!) planned for the playback or for the rendering? In the example below, I think this is too much glow for a kamuro finale… It looks great, but perhaps too majestic!

I realize I might be asking to much here, but if there was a size slider for the microstars rather than three options it might be even better since they would be extremely flexible.

Thank you FWsim team!

1 Like

Use Microstars for your Kamuro instead

Like this one:

and also you can use it for the shell fuse rising

1 Like