FWsim now available on Steam Early Access

This is a very exciting day for me: FWsim is finally available on Steam Early Access. I released the first version in 2010, and always had one goal in mind: to create the most realistic fireworks simulator available. Something that is close to reality and useful for fireworks professionals, but also intuitive, easy and fun for amateurs and fireworks enthusiasts. Tens of thousands of simulations - and real fireworks shows planned with FWsim - are a testament that this goal has been achieved.

Fireworks Design is both a science and an art. Unlike other forms of art, pyrotechnics is usually available only to a handful of professionals. Not anymore! FWsim makes it possible for anyone to create their own fireworks show and express themselves in this unique medium. My intention with the Steam Early Access Launch is to bring this experience to more people. People who might love fireworks but haven’t had any direct experience with them yet.

The existing FWsim community is my most important partner in this journey. Every single email and feature request helps to make FWsim better.

So: Thank you everyone for being a part of this!

4 Likes

You allowed me and other people to make our dreams come true and create a job, thanks to you!

3 Likes

Congratulations on the release @Lukas! I’m sure it will open the software up to many more users! :smiley:

4 Likes

Congratulatioms @Lukas ! You really deserve it! This is the BEST FIREWORKS SIMULATOR EVER! I’m loving to be a part of this community!

2 Likes

Hello, I have been using the steam version for a while and now have found this website and the basic, creative and pro editions.
I just want to ask what is the difference between steam edition, basic and creative? It might just be me but I cant seem to figure this out. Any help would be apreciated!

1 Like

Steam Version is the same from Basic Edition, both Basic and Steam have the same standard features.
Creative Edition is they have more additional features (e.g. Flexible Placement (Height and 3D rotation), more 3D buildings and effects) and Pro Edition is intended for professional pyrotechnicians to working with real fireworks including extra features like firing systems, labels and many more.

3 Likes

That’s right. Steam version is equal to Basic Edition. We plan to launch Creative Edition on Steam in the future, but at the moment, only Basic edition is available there.

1 Like