Help me to creat a big explosion

Hello,

To begin, here is the origin of my problem (see the video) :

Now, how can I create this effect, with the creative version ?
It’s just beautiful but I can’t realize it, I’ve been trying for at least 1 month to make a somilar explosion but I can’t do it, so I came to see you ^^.

I have no idea too. I would love to know how to do multiple color changes.

1 Like

Use shell of shells and colour the ascent star. You can have as many colourchanges as you want. It would be nice to have that feature on the normal stars. Just roll the brightness over time and colourchange into one tool.

2 Likes

It doesn’t work.
Some one tel me to creat that with note…

I don’t think shell of shells is the right way to go here. I think it cannot be controlled precisely enough.

I think the person used many “Stars”, all set to Ring shape, that appear at different times and are rotated relative to each other.

Lukas

2 Likes

You are probably right. I generally use the shell of shells because I haven’t have need for this level of precision. And I am more accustomed to making fireworks in Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. By the way, if you have several differently coloured stars and you don’t change the rotation will they appear in the exact same place?

1 Like

Good question! Here’s a quick explanation for other people reading along: Currently, FWsim only supports one color change. What people like to do to simulate multiple color changes is to configure several “Stars” and then use “Change brightness over time” to make some of them appear at different times - this creates the illusion of color change. It’s a very good illusion and looks fairly precise.

Of course, to make this work, it is necessary that the stars are exactly at the same location. Which leads me to your question, if you create multiple stars then do they appear at the same place?
In FWsim 2, they do not.
In FWsim 3, yes - but only if you set “Position Randomness” and “Speed Randomness” to zero. And the count must be the same! And even then, it’s not 100% precise.

Obviously a much better solution would be to support multiple color changes, and that’s on my wishlist for future updates.

Lukas

It is looks like this one as new feature for future updates.

1 Like

That’s a good concept. Perhaps it will look like this.

no, that is not possible, the position change…

Use @Lukas tutorial, then it works. I just tested it and there is very little variation in the positions. Used in a show you won’t notice.

That is basically the same approach I used with the shell of shells under FWsim 2. The problem with this approach is that the shell of shell stars seems to give off a lot more light than regular stars. I use them for gogetters and flying fish and the screen is saturated with colour. I assume that it is because, when used correctly, the light looks consistent.

Regarding multiple colour changes, I would suggest combining the Change Brightness over Time and the Colour-Changing tool into one tool. By the way, would it be possible to show values on the sliders? Percentage or decimals perhaps? I use an excel sheet to calculate the different values for stars and tails, so values are important to me.

It would also be nice to have the Change Brightness over Time feature on the tails.

P.S. I still have the videos up you asked for.

1 Like

I think it would be preferable to have a table, thanks to it, we would be able to visualize all the selected colors, but it would be a little more difficult to ask: how to define the time of appearance of each color ?

For this reason, I think it would be simpler to define a general time, it would be used to know the time of a star (like today, where we define the minimum time and the maximum time). Then in the table, for each color, define their times of apparitions in this general time.

Let’s take an example:

The overall time is 3 seconds. Now we challenge 3 colours in a table:

the red
the blue
the green

Let us indicate each time:

Red from 0 second to 1 second. blue from 1 second to 2 seconds. green from 2 seconds to 3 seconds. (Of course, for more realism, the software should not be able to put a perfect time, if it is written from 1 to 2 seconds that it generates an approximate number, such as 0. 78 seconds to 2. 35 seconds. . . )

here is my proposal but now it is necessary to know if it is possible to develop this action. . . .

Recontact me here if it is not possible and I would try to find a solution simpler of use is simpler of realization.

1 Like

a Japanese correspondent sent me an exel painting (he’s the one who created the explosion I present above). I’ve got the exel painting, but now how do I write it in a note document?
If you have a video to help me it’s better please ^^

Using y1vo51s suggestion you could roll the Change brightness over time and Colour-changing tools into one versatile tool. You could have any amount of colour changes and it would also be easy to make ghost peonies and other effects. If the tool were implemented on sparks it would improve the look of tails dramatically.

In rollercoaster tycoon 3 I use this colour change for simple sparks:

Colour - Simple Sparks

I find it works very well.

3 Likes