I have some new special effects components and features that needs to be implemented on FWsim in the future:
- Shimmering Stars
- Realistic Spinning Ascent Effect
- Improved Realistic Whistle
- Strobing Ascent Star
- Improved and Animated Realistic Launch Flame Effect (Shells, Mines/Comets)
- Flying Fish
- Improved Realistic Tourbillon/Farfalle Effects
- Realistic Glowing Stars
- Blending Stars Vector
- Wind Feature (Controls stars and tails)
- New Rockets Sound Effects
- Using stars as tails
- Colored Smokes Effects (Smoke Trails to Stars, Ascent Smoke Effect)
- Framerate Slider on Video Export Dialog
- Option to disable explosion smoke
- Option to disable launch smoke
- Willow Effect
- XXLarge Stars
- Live Preview while scrolling backwards
- Ghost Shell
- Sound Effects Mod (For Advanced FMOD Users)
- Programmable Crackling Effect (Force Speed, Drag Speed options)
Love all this. If you don’t mind, could you copy this and put into the thread “Special Effects That Would be Cool to Have in FWsim”? There’s a whole bunch of stuff there and it would be nice to have everyone’s ideas in one thread.
Instead of another star size I would prefer to have a slider for the size of stars, like there is for sparks. It seems like a much simpler solution.
For the realistic glowing stars (as well as other suggestions), I think you would have to rewrite the graphic engine to use HDR rendering. So that will probably not be until FWsim 4. I imagine that is some years into the future.
With things like go-getters, flying fish, improved tourbillon, and farfalle I think it comes down to how FWsim is structured and the capabilities of the particle system. I can do these effects in RCT3 so they are all possible, but I developed my own system to structure effects in that limited and very laborious framework.