Video Export issue

Hello,

I have recently started to use the real 3D world location feature with FWSIM.
However, I am experiencing huge issues when trying to export videos.
The video will only play sounds on a black screen with no effects visible.
Changes in quality settings make no difference.
Rendgering PNG images doesn’t solve the problem either. I just get black images.

This only happens when I use 3D world location feature.

Any help is appreciated, as this is very dissapointing.

Thanks

2 Likes

Did you update your program? It happened to me before.

1 Like

Yes, it’s up to date, but it doesn’t help.

1 Like

Hi Sven,

thanks for reporting.

Here’s a couple of things to try:

1. Please send me your FWsim system information in a private message. You can get the system info through the Help menu.
  2. What happens when you make a new show, with a 3D environment, add only one effect, and then export a video with 480p, no smoke?

Best Regards,
Lukas

1 Like

Maybe when exporting you use MP4 rather than AVI I use this when exporting since it’s “more stable”

1 Like

Thanks. Lukas. I will try the 1 effect video and export to low quality. It will take until Wednesday though as I am on a work trip.

CSL_Pyro… Yes both AVI and MP4 won’t make a difference

1 Like

That’s interesting. I can’t see why there would be any difference in stability between MP4 and AVI export, since both are handled the same way internally. If you do get problems with either, just let me know.

Ok cool

1 Like

OK, I did the show in low quality with 1 effect and no smoke. It doesn’t work either.
I get a flashing 3D background.
I tried to upload the file here:

For the system Information, FWSIM always crashes when I click the system information. Thats looks like some serious problem to me?

1 Like

Thanks, received your private message. I will send you a few follow up questions to help diagnose and solve the problem.

Best regards,
Lukas

1 Like

We diagnosed and solved the problem. Here’s the solution for anyone else reading this:

Svens Laptop had a dedicated NVidia graphics card, and also an Intel onboard graphics card. Windows decided to use the onboard graphics card, however this is not ideal and it’s better to use the dedicated one.

In order to configure Windows so it always uses the dedicated graphics card, please follow these steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vJR3UUGFzg

1 Like