FWsim 3.5 Beta Feedback

I love the tail glowing effect which makes them much more realistic. But I would like them to be customisable, to decide whether a specific tail should be glowing or not.

Also the shape of the stars aren’t circles but instead they tend to become rectangles and squares while in the air. As well as the colours are a bit off compared to the non beta version.

2 Likes

For the Effect Creator, it would be great to have a 3D View and a button to rotate it on the Y achse.

1 Like

My line with the positions is going wide after 30min.
This is on evrything the same.
I mean on google maps / water and a normale show design.

Mostly when i create some new effects, or change the effect.
Its resolvet when you restart FWsim.

(The problem with the comets ect are solved now, thank you)

1 Like

Actually, for quick fix, you can resize a little bit the sidebar that all positions will be back to normal

1 Like

These are the weird shapes that i was referring to

1 Like

I also encounter problems when exporting to 4K, where the trails are rendered much brighter than their 1080p counterparts. It’s something that could be solved with a lot of manual work, tweaking every single shell to make a version for 4K rendering, but I think it’s a bit too tedious.
Here’s a couple of images showing the problem (Picture 1 shows the fake smoke effect, which looks great in 1080 but not in 4K, and picture 2 again is emphasizing the fake smoke too much, although the brightness on the chrysanthemum is great):

With the new dominance of mobile video in these years, could there eventually be an “inverted” rendering option with 1080x1920 feature? Could be an interesting feature.

1 Like

Not sure if this has been said yet, but I can’t export a video with 60fps. Changing the framerate value in user.xml doesn’t do anything.

1 Like

Have you put <FramerateOverride>60</FramerateOverride>? and view File Properties > Details on your video file?

1 Like

Yes. Still didn’t change anything. Under File properties it still says 30fps.

1 Like

Try to enable the video rendering log from <VideoRenderingLog>, export to video then look for a log file under FW-Sim starts with ffmpeg, open it then look on -r (Framerate from the ffmpeg command) to see which numbers of framerate is set

1 Like

New issues found:

• 3D models are pitched black after I closed the effect editor or 3D world editor

• When trying to select the color to the second crossette, it didn’t changed the color but when I changed the color to the first one, all crossettes has changed the color at the same time

• I think it should better to put the 360 orientation slider in the Scenery dialog instead of popup

1 Like

And even the “Custom Shape” distribution that all stars didn’t change color

1 Like

I am getting this error message on startup. It doesn’t affect all files just some of them.

Also, when using a 3D world, the representation of the firing lines and positions moves with the camera. This makes it very hard to see where they are actually placed.

2 Likes

We appreciate all the feedback so far! We haven’t been able to respond to every point individually, but we are reading every message.

We are curious to hear your experiences with performance: Is performance in the current version .312 good enough? Please post your performance reports below or send them to me via private message. We plan to do a number of optimizations before the release.

That’s intentional, it is the motion blur simulation.

1 Like

About the motion blur. The motion blur and increased light intensity have done wonders for the look of fountains. However, they need to be unrealistically large (The default has a height of 45 meters). Would it be possible to adjust the gravity and drag for fountains? It should have the look of the default but generally most fountains are between 1-5 meters. Maybe adding a slider to increase/decrease the drag?

Will there be some documentation released for the new version. There are different things I am unsure about. For example, what is the diameter setting for under mines? It doesn’t seem to do anything. What is the quantity and caliber setting for under the “Change type or caliber”?

1 Like

I see. Maybe its just me but I am more keen to the motion blur in the non beta version.

1 Like

Hi.

I have a small problems in the beta

When export the firework show with 3d model, the model is dark on the video.

I dont know if you have the same problem.

1 Like

Hi Jordan,

welcome to the FWsim community forum. Please try again in the latest beta, version number .312 (or higher, if you read this post later). I believe this problem has been fixed in that version, please let me know if it’s also fixed for you.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks. I’ve been playing this game for a few years, which I find incredible. Glad it’s still in development.

I will try and come back to you.

1 Like

I just updated to the latest beta version (yesterday’s or today’s one) and the software crashes at startup. I tried to load up the demo files rather than making it load the latest file, but it crashed again. The error log throws me a NullReferenceException type of error. How can I download the version previous to the newest update?

1 Like