Revert back to 3.4

I accidently upgraded to 3.5 on my laptop and it’s unusable. Extremely laggy. I tried to uninstall it and install 3.4 but no matter what I do, it’s still runs 3.5.

On my home pc I didn’t upgrade and 3.4 loads.

How do I properly revert back to 3.4 on my laptop?

1 Like

You can’t revert it back because he’s overwrites the installer into newer version. I’m not sure if he can make previous to older installers.

I have my MSI gaming PC that it runs 16GB of RAM and a GeForce GTX, yeah it’s little bit laggy if I add a lots of fireworks effects. Maybe in the future I can try to upgrade the RAM into 32GB or 64GB and a RTX to make more performant and smoothly.

1 Like

Hi,

thanks for your feedback. We will be making improvements to performance over the next weeks. We will also offer a download link for the older version within the next days, so people who have old systems can continue using that.

In the meantime, could you give me the following info about your system? This will help us optimize.

1. Which CPU and RAM do you have? You can find out by opening Windows settings and clicking System → About.
  2. Which graphics card do you have? You can find out by pressing WINDOWS+R and typing DXDIAG, then selecting the “Display” panel.
1 Like

Update:

We have made significant progress on performance optimization, therefore it will probably no longer be necessary to revert back to FWsim 3.4, and we will not offer a download of 3.4 for now. (However, if it turns out performance is still bad after we finish our optimizations, please get in touch with me and I’d be happy to fetch the old 3.4 version from the archive for you).

Please update to version 3.5.0.1, and then set your Graphics Quality in the Preferences to “Low”, “Medium” or “High”. (I recommend “High” for most systems).

Is performance now good enough, or is it still laggy for you?

Related Discussion: Major Performance Issues

1 Like

Thanks Lukas, it does run better but still a bit laggy due to my onboard video card which I’ve decided to built something better so I can have better performance. What’s the easiest way to transfer the licenses from the machine I’m going to decommission and move it to the new one?

FYI I see in the other thread there’s a 3.5.0.3 update. I’m going to check that out too.

UPDATE: I just posted a long winded message to the major performance issue thread about something I found. Also I was able to install the license on the new pc.

2 Likes