FWsim 3.5 Beta Feedback

Actually, about that, I don’t think it’s gonna fit because it can flooded easily:

1 Like

Yes, some things are quite overexposed at the moment. We are working on that.

We are working on a consistent look, and our goal is that all the effects should look good without needing to make any changes. If you have effects that look wrong, please send them to me and we will include them in our testing.

Thanks, will send you a private message to figure this out.

1 Like

I have an another problem. I create a show with enabled “Add Water”. After that, I’d open the Firework Editor and I start creating a new firework effect. Once if I am already done creating in Firework Editor and closes the window, I realized that this will be a major result in “Positions” icons are resizing very wide. Could someone fix those icons perfectly.

1 Like

It did the same things to me as well

1 Like

New issue for lighting, not all lighting that they didn’t affected from the effects as below (After I load a show), it happened sometimes only on 3D worlds:

But when I hold the Ctrl key, all lightings are present from all effects.

1 Like

You can download the fireworks here.

See mines and comets

2 Likes

I think the fireworks are a little too bright but otherwise I find the additions very interesting for FwSim.
Here’s a short video test

3 Likes

Another issues I’ve found:

The flare vector from bengals are cutted from the water:

When the effect went through the water, it’s still visible:

And I see a little bit of transparency from the ground (Also when the effects and particles went through to the ground, it’s still visible except when loading a 3D worlds):

Update: The flare from bengal is in front of the building and 3D model when the effect it’s behind:

1 Like

I have also an another problem. If I am making ghost shells using custom pattern, the color changing stars from the custom pattern is not changing the color.

1 Like

Thank you! It seems like you have used shells with an ascent effect in order to build comets. This was broken in the last beta. It should now be fixed in version .307 - please let me know if things look fine to you on that new version.

2 Likes

I love the tail glowing effect which makes them much more realistic. But I would like them to be customisable, to decide whether a specific tail should be glowing or not.

Also the shape of the stars aren’t circles but instead they tend to become rectangles and squares while in the air. As well as the colours are a bit off compared to the non beta version.

2 Likes

For the Effect Creator, it would be great to have a 3D View and a button to rotate it on the Y achse.

1 Like

My line with the positions is going wide after 30min.
This is on evrything the same.
I mean on google maps / water and a normale show design.

Mostly when i create some new effects, or change the effect.
Its resolvet when you restart FWsim.

(The problem with the comets ect are solved now, thank you)

1 Like

Actually, for quick fix, you can resize a little bit the sidebar that all positions will be back to normal

1 Like

These are the weird shapes that i was referring to

1 Like

I also encounter problems when exporting to 4K, where the trails are rendered much brighter than their 1080p counterparts. It’s something that could be solved with a lot of manual work, tweaking every single shell to make a version for 4K rendering, but I think it’s a bit too tedious.
Here’s a couple of images showing the problem (Picture 1 shows the fake smoke effect, which looks great in 1080 but not in 4K, and picture 2 again is emphasizing the fake smoke too much, although the brightness on the chrysanthemum is great):

With the new dominance of mobile video in these years, could there eventually be an “inverted” rendering option with 1080x1920 feature? Could be an interesting feature.

1 Like

Not sure if this has been said yet, but I can’t export a video with 60fps. Changing the framerate value in user.xml doesn’t do anything.

1 Like

Have you put <FramerateOverride>60</FramerateOverride>? and view File Properties > Details on your video file?

1 Like

Yes. Still didn’t change anything. Under File properties it still says 30fps.

1 Like

Try to enable the video rendering log from <VideoRenderingLog>, export to video then look for a log file under FW-Sim starts with ffmpeg, open it then look on -r (Framerate from the ffmpeg command) to see which numbers of framerate is set

1 Like